Monday, August 4, 2008

My cat, my mom, and a spider.

It's a strange title, but don't worry - it'll all make sense in a moment.

First, the spider. I hate spiders. Last night I was shining a flashlight around my room to make sure the cat wasn't there, and I saw this spider in between my bookcases. So I went upstairs, into the kitchen to get some paper towel (the cat was sitting in the middle of the floor), went back downstairs and tried to squash it - but it decided to hide behind one of the bookcases. Damn.

Then, earlier, the cat clawed my foot. And when the internet connection dropped (it does that sometimes, 'cause we have a wireless router, and I think the modem acts up), I unplugged the modem and the router, then went to get a glass of water. I usually have to wait a bit before plugging stuff back in so that the connection comes back properly. So I went back into the computer/dining room with my glass of water, and that cat jumped in the chair!

Finally, my mom. She was saying that in September, when I start my homeschooling for the term (I hate the word 'semester'. I'm part English and part Welsh, so I'm gonna say 'term'), I have to do my work at the same times every weekday. Okay, I'm supposed to be homeschooling, not doing the school-at-home stuff. I don't have anything against school-at-home, I just don't work that way. So she tells me that if I'm going to college, I should learn to work by a schedule, because college timetables are different from university timetables. So here's my question...

Who said I was going to college instead of university?!

I've made it quite clear that I'd like to study brodcast journalism and someday get a job in radio, and I know that I can study that at a university, because some of the DJs at Q107 went to university. I also would like to study music. I have no desire to become a bricklayer or a butler - I say 'butler' because my darling mother cut out a newspaper article on butlers, and suggested that I become one.

What I'm going to do is be smart about my career. Like Sting - he used to be a teacher who performed in clubs. I might do something like that. Work as a DJ during the day, and by night I'll sing in clubs, or be a session keyboardist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ack stupid spider! My modem acts up sometimes too. Ok, so what's the difference between college and university? In the USA, it's all the same thing :P That's cool that you want to go into radio! I know I'm not going into it, but it always does interest me and has always been more of one of my fantasy occupations.