Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fun fur and frozen hot chocolate

The title will make sense in a moment.

Mom and I went to knit night at Second Cup tonight, after not coming since January (we had a lot happening). A few familiar faces were there. I worked on my fun fur scarf and drank a frozen hot chocolate and tried to follow the conversation - there were quite a few other people there, and at one point these two guys came in and one of them was talking very loudly. It was still fun, though. Next time I should start a hat and bring that. I printed off Turn a Square by Jared Flood, so that'll be my first hat. Or I could start my Harry Potter scarf and bring that next time. A hat would be more portable, though.

I think I've decided where to apply for a job: Value Village. I think I'd like working there, because I love organizing things on shelves and stuff, and in October they have a lot of customers because they get in a bunch of new and used costumes, and I think I'll have fun helping customers find the right costume. Plus, it's within walking distance! It will only take me 10 to 20 minutes to walk there, depending on weather and traffic, and I only have to cross at one intersection. Perfect. I should probably start writing a resume soon.

Another option is Coles in the mall, or the Golden Griddle. The Golden Griddle I could probably walk to, although it would be a long walk, so I might as well take the bus. My sister said she used to walk to the mall when she worked at a couple of places there, so I could walk to and from the mall. There is a bus stop nearby, though, so I could just take the bus back. It might be safer to walk up and take the bus back.

Tomorrow is youth group. Yay!!! Not only did Mom come up with a couple of ideas for the youth group that I can relay to them, but I'll also get to see Micaela, and probably Riley. Sela's probably back in New Mexico, though - she went back today - so I won't see her. We aren't really friends anyway, more like acquaintances. And OH GOD ELYSSA'S PROBABLY BACK FROM ITALY OH NO. I'm not looking forward to that. Oh well - you can't always get what you want, so say the Rolling Stones, right?

No comments: