Sunday, August 2, 2009

Another cruddy weekend has come to an end.

Friday: we go to Michaels, PetSmart, Giant Tiger and Indigo. I got yarn at Michaels, we got dog food and cat food at PetSmart, we got many things at Giant Tiger (including a t-shirt for me that says, 'I'm sorry. I forgot you're an idiot'), and we got nothing at Indigo (we didn't even look at the bargain books! I should've wandered over there...). Mom threw a childish hissy-fit over a burger.

Saturday: Mom and Dad went to the market, I stayed home and eat buttered toast and watch old episodes of SNL. Mom watched with me when she got back. Dad was supposed to go to poker, but I guess it didn't happen. Mom made some comment about how 'we COULD have gone to the movies'. I say, "Well, you two could have, anyway. I would've stayed home." She says, "I meant your dad and I anyway." So nice to be included.

Sunday: Dad got ticked because I was in his seat, so I told him to find something to watch on TV instead. On my way up to my computer, Mom said, "Definitely not ready for college this year." Hey, mom? !@#% YOU!!! I'LL BE A HELLUVA LOT BETTER WITHOUT YOU NATTERING AT ME EVERY !@#$ING MINUTE!

Also, I have just realized that I haven't had anything to eat, and that I'm getting hungry. Will it be a sandwich or a bowl of cereal?

I suddenly want to knit wristbands now. I think it's because the pressure of deadlines is off my shoulders now that I don't have any more HPKCHC assignments. I want to make wristbands for two reasons: a) instant gratification, and b) I want to practice duplicate stitch, and something small like a wristband would be great for that. Actually, there's a third reason: c) because I have a crapload of acrylic to use up, including a lot of Patons Astra. I was originally going to make preemie sweaters with the Astra, but now I think I'm going to use nicer yarn for preemie sweaters and make hats and wristbands with my Astra.

No comments: