The weekend was nuts, but in a good way. I'll do a recap, starting with Friday.
Friday
The night before, Katie called to tell us she and Dan was coming up for the weekend because their plans to go to a friend's cottage fell through. She was coming up on Saturday, which meant that Friday would be a cleaning day.
And then, while my parents were out getting groceries, Justin (my cousin) called to ask if he could crash here for the night because he had errands to run in Toronto the next day. Mom and Dad weren't home at the time, so he said he'd call back. After he called back twice, I said, "Why don't I get them to call you back?" and he agreed. So when they got home, Mom called him and said he could come over.
So I vacuumed the stairs, then went to the library with Dad to pick up my stuff, then me and Dad went to Shoppers Drug Mart to get pop because it was on sale. Justin came over, we had dinner, we watched TV (Bollywood Hero on Super Channel, and then we watched the movie right after it called The Night of the White Pants, which was a weird but funny movie. Not reccomended for under-sixteens unless you have permission, 'cause of the drug use in it.), and we went to bed.
Saturday
I set my alarm for 7 AM, because I wanted to be up early for when Michaels opened, because they had a coupon for 25% off your purchase between 9 AM and 11 AM, or something like that. Mom got beads and stuff to make stitch markers, and I got a skein of Red Heart Soft Yarn to make a wrap.
After we got home, Justin got his stuff together and Dad drove him to the bus station. Katie and Dan came sometime after noon. Dan gave me and Mom each a sandalwood bookmark, which was nice of him. I don't know if Dad got one. Mine had a Chinese proverb on it, and I think Mom's did, too.
We had burgers and grilled veggies for dinner, and then we played UpWords while Dad was playing poker with the neighbors. We weren't used to the rules of UpWords, so we kept putting in words that worked one way but didn't work the other way. For instance, Katie put down one word, but the word crossing it became 'fancs', so she had to take it down. It was pretty funny. Dan won the game.
Sunday
Katie and Dan went down to the beach at around lunchtime. I think I was reading Fruits Basket to pass the time until they came back. After they came back, me, Mom and Katie went down to the hospital to see Grandma. We went in Katie's rental car - a Nissan Versa, which was a very nice car. It's very roomy in the back. I sat behind Mom, and her seat was moved almost all the way back from when Dan was sitting in it, and I still had loads of room for my knees. I think even Dad would have enough room to sit in the back, and he's pretty tall.
Grandma was asleep when we got to her room - she had been to an anniversary party the day before, so she was pretty tired. Katie woke her up, and she was quite happy to see Katie. She was able to move her right leg a little, which is great.
We had pasta with meatballs for dinner (Mom and I got in an argument over what pasta to use) and watched America's Funniest Home Videos. Katie and Dan left at around 9:00.
I should probably go eat soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment