1. I couldn't go to that movie because it was in the afternoon, and it was downtown. I didn't have enough money handy, so I would've had to go to the bank, then catcha bus downtown, and there was no way Mom was letting me take the bus downtown on my own, even if Micaela waited at the bus stop for me.
2. Mom and I are fighting again. It started with me trying to punch in the number for the HD channels while she was telling me what number to punch in, even though I already knew what number the HD channels started at. Then, I walked out of the room, and the following discussion took place:
Mom: "You need to stop being so bitchy!" (or something to that effect - I'm too pissed off to remember the exact words)
Me: "YOU need to stop being so controlling!" (I walk upstairs)
Mom: "GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!"
Me: (ignores her)
Dad: (calls my name loudly - the standard, obligatory yell)
Me: (starts walking back down)
Dad: "And don't stomp!"
Me: (walks the rest of the way down and stands several feet away from Mom)
Mom: "I AM NOT CONTROLLING! IF ANYTHING, I'M THE ONE PUSHING YOU TO GET OUT AND DO STUFF!"
Me: while walking downstairs "If that's true, then you would've let me go to that movie!"
Mom: "COME HERE AND SAY IT TO MY FACE!"
Me: (muttering) "No. I'm not gonna fight with you."
Yes, my mother is a piece of work for sure. I should've just walked out. Gone to Tim Horton's. Or the library, if they were open at the time. Or the park. Something. But instead, I decided to stew. And I'm still stewing. And my headphones were being stupid, but that's not unusual. Damn headphones. I hope I get a new pair for my birthday. Maybe I'll ask Nathan for a pair.
So right now I'm half-watching the friendly match between Toronto FC and Real Madrid. Right now, Madrid is kicking Toronto's asses 3-0. Come on, guys! Get with the program!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment