Saturday, August 1, 2009

He totally deserves a hat for Christmas

Last night Dad picked up burgers from Licks. Mom wanted their new Maui Wowie burger, which has pineapple and back bacon on it. She told Dad that it was a pre-dressed burger, so Dad told the person taking his order to put on whatever goes on a Maui Wowie burger.

Big mistake.

When she saw what happened, Mom freaked out. And I mean, really freaked out. Screaming at the top of her lungs, she was. I got mad and tried walking out of the room with my burger, but she screamed at me to sit down, so I did. I wolfed down my burger, even though Dad yelled at me to slow down. I didn't even enjoy my burger because I was just so mad and wanted out of the room. When Mom said, "Sam?" to get my attention, I looked up, and she automatically classified my look as a glare and said, "Never mind, I'LL do it!" and got up to get paper towel. And then proceeded to bitch me out for apparently glaring at her.

After I was done my burger, I tried eating my fries, but they just tasted like grease, so I dumped them in the green bucket - green buckets, for anyone who doesn't know, is our city's compost buckets. They ask us to fill the green buckets with food scraps, small bones, pet hair, etc, and then we dump the buckets into the larger green carts and set them to the curb with the garbage and recycles. So anyway, I dumped the fries in the green bucket and went upstairs with my Coke and went on my computer.

Later I asked Dad to take photos of my HPKCHC projects - Mom took some photos, but there was no way I was asking her to download them for me, and anyway, they were only photos of my washcloths, and I needed a photo of my Irish Hiking Scarf. So Dad took some photos of both my washcloths and my scarf. Now I think I should knit him a hat or something. Wait, he already has a nice Thinsulate hat... maybe I'll make him a long scarf. The only scarf he has is the cowl that Mom make him. Although I'm sure he wouldn't mind having an extra hat. Maybe I'll make him one with earflaps. That'll be good for when he's digging out the driveway in the winter.

The upside of yesterday was that I got some Vanna's Choice in Ravenclaw colours, so now I can make a house scarf. I'm talking to Mom now (last night I said very little to her), but I'm still mad at her over the burger thing.

No comments: