Saturday, August 8, 2009

YAY-NESS!!!!!!!

So, today I went to the Festival of Friends. Now, I had thought it was last weekend, but it was actually THIS weekend. It was considerably better than last year, although the foot stalls looked boring - mostly fried stuff with a Greek stall squeezed in. I was hoping there would be a stall that sold roti. I love a good chicken roti.

Anyways. I took $5 with me, but didn't spend it because the stuff I got was more than $5. I got a kickass necklace - a green and black striped heart made out of glass on a black cord - and a Led Zeppelin t-shirt. I think the necklace was $15, and the t-shirt was $25 - which is pretty inexpensive, considering that if I'd bought it at the mall it would've cost somewhere between $30 and $50. I must take a photo of my Zeppelin t-shirt. It's awesome! It has the angel dude on it in full colour (the other ones with the angel were only white outlines) and the four symbols. I'll have to wash it when Dad's done his laundry.

The music was good, too. A chick was singing when we arrived, and then it was a guy singing metal-ish stuff. We were going to stay to see a bunch of guitarists try to break the world record for the number of guitarists playing 'Smoke on the Water', but it had started raining. I'd love to go back tomorrow if the weather's okay, because Leon Redbone is playing in the evening! Tonight's music is David Wilcox and Kim Mitchell, but Mom said we couldn't leave the dogs in their crates that long. But I'd love to see Leon Redbone tomorrow night if I can. I'd probably take knitting :)

No comments: