Yes. The youth group is finally getting organized and shit. I'm very happy about this.
I'm NOT happy about having to get up at 7 this morning because a dude from Lowe's is installing our new side door SOMETIME this morning. I also haven't eaten, but that's because I felt like shit this morning. It didn't help that I was having a good but strange dream and then my alarm clock jolted me awake and NOBODY was up because Mom was sleeping or whatever and Dad's at work, so I had to let the bratty little dogs out and Lulu of course jumped over the baby gate to bother Mom and the dogs spent, like, 5-10 minutes outside and started wailing to come in, and then I couldn't find Goldie, who turned out to be in Smiles' bed, and Mom was all "See? There was no need to panic!" Whatever, mom.
But yeah. Youth group. Pretty exciting. I was the first to arrive, and then Emma and Seanna arrived after me. Emma asked me if I could help her and Seanna with negative exponents or something like that and I was like, "I haven't done that it a long time, so I'm no help, sorry." And Emma was wearing these glasses that she bought at a dollar store and was like, "My grade is so going up now", which was really funny. And then she was eavesdropping on Jeff and Gail (Gail is a member on one or more of the committees, and she's helping us get organized), and whispered, "They're gona kill us!", meaning that they were going to overwork us with all this structure and order, and I was like, "Well, we need some kind of structure..." And Stone brought this super-strong breath spray and sprayed a little bit in Micaela's mouth and she started coughing. She's fine, though. Riley came too, with his friend Adria. She's pretty cool.
And we went into the sanctuary to run through the chalice lighting procedure, and Gail told us when we had to be at the church. I think I'm gonna bring a book in case I'm early. Anyways. Before the chalice lighting stuff they all played sardines and I went to the bathroom, sat on the steps to the loft and sat in the loft until Gail told us we were going into the sanctuary. We went back up to the loft afterwards and decided on what we were wearing to the service, and we decided we'd just wear whatever we feel like. And somebody (I think it was either Riley or Micaela) said something like, "You watch, Stone's gonna come in a speedo." omg, that would be hilarious if he did. He'd turn some heads.
And before we did the whole playing-sardines-and-then-going-into-the-sanctuary thing, Micaela gave us more info on the volunteer opportunity at the Unitarian church in Toronto, but we'd have no adult supervision and we'd be going by bus and by subway, so Mom pulled her 'I'm-not-comfortable-with-the-idea-of-you-doing-that' BS. Whatever, mom.
And then I watched Glee when I got home, which was greatness.
I certainly like my hyphens today. - - - - - - - .
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment