Thursday, September 17, 2009

My mission...

...is to be the Molly Ringwald of the youth group, a la Pretty in Pink.

Yup, I watched Pretty in Pink today. It's a great movie. Jon Cryer is adorable in it. I now want to go to Value Village and look for some cotton skirts and dresses. I don't plan on altering them like Andie in Pretty in Pink, but I sure do plan on dressing like her.

I started the sunglasses case I've been plotting in my head. It's my Defense Against the Dark Arts homework - "What I fought on my summer vacation". I'm making the case with bulky-weight yarn (I made my first sunglasses case out of worsted, which resulted in the gauge being wrong and the case turning into a knitting supplies pouch) and novelty yarn held together, because I fought novelty yarn on my summer vacation ;) I plan on adding googley eyes, a forked tongue and a pair of fangs. The fangs and tongue I'll make out of felt.

I also painted my nails with this electric blue Cover Girl nail polish. I messed it up a little, but I don't think I'll bother redoing the nails I botched. The nail polish is a bit thick, so I think I'll thin it out next time.

In other news, I wrote a side-story for one of my stories. It sounds interesting. I may work on it for a little while and add it into the main story later.

I took some photos on my birthday camera today. I decided my Vanna's Choice and my novelty yarn needed photographing. I still have to install my camera software, though.

Youth group was good and bad. The rest of the youth decided to doll up the loft and make cupcakes because it was Elyssa's last meeting before going to a volunteer thingy for nine months. I'm glad she's going... Long story short, Stephen had his head up his rear end.


No comments: