My mother thinks I'm lazy because I haven't made an appointment to talk to a counselor at the local college. Well, DUH, I've been trying to figure out how the hell to write a resume. I haven't tried writing one yet because I don't have a clue as to what I should put down and what I shouldn't. And Mom hasn't offered to help. Bitch.
I might just ask Dad. He says there's a resume template in Microsoft Word '07, but I can't figure out how to set a template. I know there's a business card template. He says he'll have to sit down with me at my computer and help me set the template. At least he's willing to help me. I can also go down to another library in the area, because they have a job searching centre thingy. But if I already have the tools available on Word '07, I can save myself the walk or bus ride to the other library.
Shit, now my throat hurts. I'll have to take a Dequadin lozenge later.
I was looking through the local college's continuing education catalogue, and they have some neat-looking writing courses. I just don't know which ones I'll be able to take. I think I just need grade 12 English or equivalent. They might have me take a placement test to see where I'm at.
Oh yeah, I'm also on a Fleetwood Mac kick. I've managed to find 'Rhiannon' on YouTube, but I think it's slightly edited. It's still nice to listen to. It's a nice, loud video, too. Also, I'm borrowing their Rumors album from the library. I might buy it with my birthday money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I work at the Career Services office of my college, where they do resume reviews on a regular basis. What the counselors recommend is that you actually don't use templates from word processors because they look fake and unprofessional. Also, if you're applying to work at stores, you don't always need a resume, especially if you don't have any other work experience. If you do though, you might want to try a Google search for resume examples to get an idea of what they should look like.
Post a Comment