Friday, September 4, 2009

It's my birthday :)

I started off the day with loud music. Green Day, to be exact. I wasn't very happy about my birthday. I don't know why. Well, maybe I do. Anyway. Dad had a dental appointment, and came home talking funny because his face was numb from the fillings he had done. Yikes. He bought half a dozen Sicilian cannoli at our favourite bakery for breakfast, but I still hid upstairs and cried. After Mom asked me what was wrong and pretty much told me 'don't worry, be happy!', I went downstairs and ate some cannoli. Dad had a hard time eating his because of his numb mouth - I wasn't trying to be mean at all, but I couldn't help laughing. Even drinking coffee was a challenge for him.

For dinner we went to Mandarin, which was where I went last year. I was going to go to a new Japanese buffet restaurant, but I didn't know how busy it would be because it only just opened about a week ago, so we went to Mandarin instead. I think Mom felt bad because she forgot to buy a cake, but I didn't mind too much. I almost cried when Mom was asking me "Do you want some of this?" a lot at the dessert table, she was so sweet.

I got a camera, an SD card and ten skeins of Elann Sonata variegated in a cute black, pink and white colourway called 'Licorice Allsorts'. I cried again, because I felt like everything still went wrong. But I was happy nevertheless. Still am.

So tomorrow I might bake a cake with Mom, and watch The Soloist, which is due back to the library tomorrow. I have to go to the library, actually, because Coraline is overdue.

Oh yeah. After ripping out my Snoopy dishcloth three times, I restarted it in some of the red Peaches & Creme that I got from Juli as a prize from the 600 party in the teen group on Rav. So far it looks lovely.

No comments: