Friday, September 25, 2009

I love book sales

I couldn't find any knitting books at the downtown library book sale - just an old Patons Beehive booklet that didn't really float my boat - but I found five books that made me happy. We went down earlier than last year, so I was able to grab some good teen fiction. I got:

Mister Monday by Garth Nix (I had heard of this one but kept forgetting to get it out of the library)
Firewing by Kenneth Oppel (I haven't read Sunwing yet - I started it and lost track of it - but I figure I'll like Firewing)
Growing Wings by Laurel Winter (one I had borrowed from the library a long time ago - I never finished it, but want to try reading it again)
The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman (I have all three in one volume, but this one's a paperback, which will be easier to carry around. Haven't read The Subtle Knife yet, though)
Squire by Tamora Pierce (This one I've read, but I grabbed it because it's one I know I'll re-read)

Then me and Dad stopped at a coffee shop in the mall where the sale was taking place. Dad got a latte, and I got a strawberry Italian soda.

Oh, and something very weird happened as well. Mom and I decided to have Wendy's for dinner - Dad wasn't hungry because he'd gone out for wings with some of his coworkers - and I couldn't remember the name of their fried chicken sandwich, so I went with Dad. The guy that got my chicken sandwich and Mom's burger was bugging me to take some ranch sauce for my fries. Now both Mom and Dad think he was flirting. argh.

And after anger and tears and cursing, I switched to a bigger needle size for my hat, as the pattern instructs. At first I couldn't find a 16" circular needle in a US size 7, so I was going to use double-pointed needles, but I found another bag of circular needles, and found a size 7. I'm happy now, because this means I can work on my hat tomorrow while Mom and Dad are at a pig roast. I might start watching season one of Pushing Daisies tomorrow while they're out. I'll have to check to make sure there isn't a soccer match on, though. There may not be one, though, because I don't think Toronto FC made it into the playoffs.

And I must watch SNL tomorrow night. It's the premiere, and U2 are the musical guest!

Oh yeah, I installed my camera software today. I haven't uploaded photos yet, but I might do that tomorrow. What was weird was, when the program tried updating, it stopped responding. I guess it got confuzzled, lol.

No comments: