So I started 'school' today. Homeschooling, to be exact. I took some books with me for the car ride to my sister's place - Clapton: The Autobiography, Anne of Avonlea, The Pocket Gallileo and a pocket guide to science. I only read Clapton and Anne, though. I took my camera with me, too, so that I could take photos of Jeffrey, but I only got one decent shot. I'll put it up on my Flickr soon, and eventually up on this very blog.
Jeffrey is such a sweetheart. Very talkative. Mom thinks he's definitely half Siamese because of his colouring and face structure. He's so big compared to Mouse, though! And Katie (my sister) said that he wouldn't eat the treats she bought, and yet when my mom gave him treats he ate them!
We went out to a place called Wonder Sushi for lunch, which was great. I'm not keen on sushi, but I love udon noodles and tempura. We got these dumplings that were pretty tasty, too, and chicken teriyaki, which was awesome. For dessert, we had ice cream - I had mango, Katie and Mom had green tea and Dan (Katie's boyfriend) had vanilla. I tried a bit of Mom's green tea ice cream, and it was pretty good. I'll have to get the green tea ice cream next time.
So, for an early birthday gift, Katie gave me soap and a bath ball. The bath ball is from Lush, and I think the soap is too. They smell lovely.
We couldn't get Q107 in London Ontario, so we listened to their local rock station, FM 96, which isn't too bad. I actually like it better than our local rock station, Y108. When we tuned into FM 96, the first song we heard was Lust For Life by Iggy Pop, which Y108 NEVER plays. Q107 sometimes plays Iggy Pop, but not a lot. And then we heard an interview with Liam Gallagher from Oasis, and then a new track from Oasis. I can't remember what it was called or how it goes, but I remember liking it. Oasis are cool :) Although one of their songs has a raunchy title. I also got to hear the title track from Coldplay's new album, Viva la Vida. As I mentioned in an older post, I first heard it on Galaxie Rock, which is one of Bell's satellite music stations... actually, I think it's owned by CBC.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
School-ish
Labels:
Anne of Avonlea,
Coldplay,
Dan,
Eric Clapton,
Galaxie,
homeschooling,
Iggy Pop,
Jeffrey,
Katie,
London Ontario,
Oasis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment