Friday, September 5, 2008

I got a computer for my birthday!!! And Toronto FC tickets!!!

The computer isn't brand-new (although Mom wanted to get me a laptop), but it's in great condition. The CPU used to be Dan's (my sister's boyfriend), we got the monitor when Nathan was supposed to be giving me his old Pentium 2, the speakers are from our very, very, very first computer, and the mouse and keyboard are new. I'm still breaking in the space bar on this thing :P

The match in Toronto is tomorrow. I'm excited. Mom even got rain ponchos, just in case it starts raining during the match. It's Toronto FC vs Chivas USA. I also got a sticker, a 'crying towel' and a Toronto FC scarf! :D Other things I got for my birthday were a book of writings by young feminists, the soundtrack from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and a three-disc copy of Rocky Horror on DVD - I think it has Shock Treatment included.

We went to Mandarin for dinner. Mandarin, for anyone who doesn't know, is an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet. They have sushi there too, so my dad got a plate of sushi. The first thing I got was a bowl of won-ton soup. I love that stuff. Every time I go to Mandarin, I have to start with won-ton soup. After that I got a plate and filled it with stuff like Singapore rice noodles, teriyaki meatballs, torpedo shrimp and calamari rings. I actually had room for dessert after letting my stomach sit for a little bit after eating. Mom and I went to the dessert table, but Dad was too full. I got some trifle, a nanaimo bar, a strawberry or two, a chocolate-covered strawberry, a cream puff and some Jello. Next time, I might eat ice cream there. Katie and I had ice cream for dessert there once, and we loved it. They have stuff like mimi M&M crumbs to put on it.

edited because the title was 'Shock Treatment', not 'Shock Value'.

No comments: