Tuesday, September 23, 2008

*chuckle*

So, I watched Run, Fatboy, Run today, which was really funny. And now, I can proudly say that I got to see Dylan Moran's butt. Twice :D

Mom gave me more yarn, including lotsa Patons Astra, which I'll probably use to make preemie sweaters. So, I had to reorganise my larger yarn bin. I noticed that there's only one skein of the grey Wool-Ease Thick & Quick left in my bin - I still have partial skeins attached to the pieces of my vest, so it's not like I used up that much, but seeing that lone skein made me feel awesome. Even though I haven't used up the partial skeins. Even though my vest still isn't finished. When did I start that monstrosity, anyway? Nearly a year ago, perhaps?

Anyhow, I've decided to start using up my Red Heart acrylic that was in my bin. I have some canary yellow (which is pretty splitty...), some marroon, some rainbow variegated, and some bluey purpley greeney variegated called 'Ocean'. I've decided that belts made of acrylic are not a good idea (I had made a belt out of the Ocean colourway.... in garter stitch... bad idea...), so I'm going to make more mug cozies, and maybe some glass and/or can cozies so that I can have a cold drink up here without it sweating on my desk/table. I might try to make more of those darn knitted flowers, too, although they look kinda funny whenever I make them.

The strangest thing happened yesterday. I was trying to send some of my photos to myself in an e-mail from the downstairs computer to my computer, and I couldn't find my folder. I had just been into it, because I'd saved a photo I took with my keychain camera, but for some strange reason I couldn't find my pictures. So Dad said that it was because the printer had resorted everything (I guess Dad did an update), and he'd find the folder for me.

I'm about halfway through Twilight, which is good because I have to return it to the library by October 1st, although I'm willing to pay a few dimes in fines if I'm late returning it. I think I'm finally making sense of it. It can be pretty cryptic and unusual in some parts of the story. Plus, I might have been tired when I was trying to read the cryptic parts.

I started working on that baby cardigan again. After nearly losing my mind over trying to figure out how to make the darn cuffs (the pattern was so wrong... Mom helped me with the cuffs), I got to a mindless stitching part. Although cotton - and cotton blends like Cotton-Ease, which is what I'm using - can be hard on the hands, I love the fact that when they split, they don't catch on the needles or other strands of yarn as bad as acrylic does!!!!!!!!!!! That makes me happy :)

I still have to make a needle case. I think I'll use my Knit Picks Wool of the Andes for a case. I found a pattern for a case on Ravelry that comes from the Classic Elite Yarns website, so I'll swatch with the Knit Picks. I don't want to make something out of the Knit Picks that I'll have to wash, because the Knit Picks I have is 100% wool, and I don't want it to felt.

I should make some coasters, too. That way I won't have to put an order of service from church under my drink :p

No comments: