I just found out this afternoon that Richard Wright from Pink Floyd has died. I was fighting tears until I couldn't any longer. I went into the kitchen to get a glass of soy milk. That was only a decoy. I cried. In the kitchen.
I cried in the living room, and my mom thought I was crying about my annoying grandparents, because I had been talking about them. But I was really crying about Richard. When I saw him on David Gilmour's Remember That Night DVD and the VH1 program I'd seen on YouTube via the Legends of Classic Rock blog, he seemed healthy. I don't know what he died of - I haven't done an internet search because sometimes the internet isn't always right.
I wanted to meet him someday. I admire him greatly. Pink Floyd just isn't the same without Richard Wright.
Update: I just found out that he died of cancer. Thank you for telling me, Taryn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aww. I really wanted to meet him to. He really inspires me.
All of the times I saw him he looked healthy. I had no clue he had cancer. :(
You're welcome for telling you.
Post a Comment