Wednesday, October 1, 2008

That darn cat

Mouse the cat has been quite a little madam lately. This morning, she kept picking on the dogs - even Goldie, who gets in between the cat and another dog to make sure that the cat is okay! Goldie's quite protective of the cat.

Mouse also tried to get a second treat this morning. Every morning, Mom gives the cat a treat and the dogs each get a treat, too. But this morning, I got up to let the dogs out, so I gave them treats instead of Mom. Mom came down later, and Mouse was meowing at her, asking for another treat, the little brat.

So, I'm not sure when youth group starts up again. I asked an advisor if there had been meetings, and he said no, but we'd be starting up soon. I haven't heard anything else since, but I'm sure he'll tell me when everyone meets up again.

I'm gonna have to keep Twilight out longer. I can't renew it, but I'm willing to pay the fines - I still have birthday money from the grandmother I've never met in case my fines get to be expensive. I remember one time, when I was a kid, we had two bags of library books to go back, and Dad was supposed to take both back, but only took one. So I had about $7 in fines. Ouch. I have only $1 in fines (two DVDs were two days late going back), and because Twilight is a teen fiction book in the library system, it should only cost me 10 cents a day, which is the fine for children's fiction. Either that, or it'll be the same as adult fiction, which is 25 cents a day. I hope it's 10 cents, that way I won't have to dip into my birthday money if I have the book out a while. I still have about $3 in change, though, so I should be good for paying fines.

So Mom and Dad are out shopping at Wal-Mart. I wanted to come with them, 'cause they have Bernat Baby Sport on sale, but Mom wanted me to stay home in case they did Christmas shopping. Okay, I'm cool with that. As long as I get to the library by tomorrow afternoon, otherwise the DVD on Ahmet Ertegun that's on the shelf for me will go back. Not fun.

No comments: