Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dental crap

Why oh why did I have to get the cursed teeth???

It all began when I was about five or six, and I had to have a baby tooth taken out because it was absessed. And then I had to start seeing my orthodontist when I was eight or so. First I had a palette (pallate?) spreader. I think headgear came after that. The same time I had headgear I also had a lip bumper, which I think was supposed to keep the pressure of my bottom lip off my bottom teeth. Braces came next, and I can't remember when I was taken off headgear and the lip bumper. Braces came off, to be replaced by retainers.

Sometime during the 'Headgear and Limp Bumper but no braces yet' days, I fell down the stairs. This was shortly before my tenth birthday. One of my adult front teeth came out, and it got put back in the same night, and the dentist who put the tooth back in glued a piece of wire on my teeth to protect the tooth that was put back in. And then I had to have a root canal done on that tooth by one of the nastiest endodontists EVER. I think he was an 'endodontist' or something like that. Braces went on my teeth (which Dr Grumpy wasn't happy about). Braces came off and the retainers came on. Fun, fun, fun. Fast-forward a few years and I'm visiting Dr G, because I told our family dentist, Dr B, that the tooth was turning a strange colour at the base. Dr G told me that the tooth had to be removed, and an implat would have to be put it. In January of this year, the tooth was removed, and I'm currently wearing a fake, removable tooth called a flipper. And now the post for my permanent fake tooth is going in this coming January, the beginning of 2009.

They give me a sedative to take an hour before each procedure.

I hope they give me a lot of drugs. As many and as much as legally possible.

...I sound like the main character from Waitress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

arg. that stinks. i hope things go okay with that...