So I told Mom that I was worried about schoolin'. So she started writing up a schedule. Oh noes. I don't want to mimick school, but I understand that I'll have to work by a timetable when I reach university, so...
We went through Nathan's books today. Mom found some of her own books that he'd claimed, along with the first three Artemis Fowl books, which Mom is letting me keep! She said, "I paid for them, not him!", and let me have them! I also got a copy of George Orwell's 1984, and the second 'The Dark Is Rising Sequence' book - I'll have to find the first one. Oh, and a knitting booklet, which was not my brother's! Haha. She also let me have his Redwall books, because he pretty much hogged them when we were younger, so I wasn't able to read them. And I also got a copy of Where the Red Fern Grows, and Master and Commander, both in Nathan's old room.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Hmm...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Much as I hate to say it, but your mom is right.
GET YOURSELF GOOD TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS BEFORE GOING TO UNIVERSITY.
Seriously. This is coming from the girl who did NO homework in high school and was in for a big surprise when I got to Uni...
I was homeschooled my entire life... my senior year was a big wake-up call as I took my regular high classes, plus two distance classes for college credit and worked 20 hrs/weeek. I would highly reccommend taking distance college classes while you're in H.S., even if you can only take one. It will force you to measure your time, get you out of taking some really un-fun basic courses your freshman year at uni, and look really good on your transcript/resume.
I was homeschooled my entire life... my senior year was a big wake-up call as I took my regular high classes, plus two distance classes for college credit and worked 20 hrs/weeek. I would highly reccommend taking distance college classes while you're in H.S., even if you can only take one. It will force you to measure your time, get you out of taking some really un-fun basic courses your freshman year at uni, and look really good on your transcript/resume.
I had to work on a schedule for a bit 'cause I'd get too stressed out and only do one subject and it would take me all day.
I'm probably going to be reading 1984 this year.
Post a Comment