I think I have another three or four inches of knitting to do before the buttonhole row. Yay! I would take a picture, but it's too dark.
There really isn't much to blog about today. I'm almost finished Troll Fell - I have less than a chapter left. Also, I'm really enjoying the new Coldplay single, 'Violet Hill'. It's calming, but also slightly heavy.
I have a question, dear reader - are there any songs that remind you of something, like a moment in your life or a scene from a movie? Every time I hear 'Twist and Shout' by The Beatles, I remember the parade scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, where Matthew Broderick lip-synchs. And on a sadder note, sometimes, when I hear Jeff Healey's cover of 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps', I remember how the news of his death hit me hard. I didn't know he had cancer, a cancer that took his sight. He died at a young age - I can't remember how old he was, but he was in his early forties, if I remember correctly. When I heard the news, I couldn't believe it. Then the next day it hit me - he died. I listened to sad songs. I wept.
And he left us some fabulous music to listen to with admiration.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
The ruff is almost done...
Labels:
book,
books,
Coldplay,
ferris bueller,
jeff healey,
library,
movie,
music,
ruff,
songs,
Troll Fell
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Songs remind me of all sorts of things. Here's a couple things that come to mind with the song title on the left and memory/scene on the right:
Father and Son- My dad.
Morning has Broken- A scene from the show Pushing Daisies.
Imagine- Not being able to fall asleep until my Mom came home. She carried the cat downstairs to my room and sat her in my bed and I fell asleep to that song cuddling my cat.
There's a few more but I don't want to fill up your comment section. :P
I like the song "My Guitar Gently Weeps".. But I only have the "Across the Universe" version. :)
Post a Comment