So in a previous post I asked you, dear reader, about songs that remind you of moments in your life or scenes from movies. I shall list all of the songs that bring back memories...
Songs and memories:
While My Guitar Gently Weeps, covered by Jeff Healey: Reminds me of Jeff Healey's death, and how it hit me hard. They say that the music died when Buddy Holly died, but for me the music seemed to die or almost die when Jeff Healey passed.
Twist and Shout, covered by The Beatles: Reminds me of the parade scene from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
Hot Blooded by Foreigner: Reminds me of a Diet Pepsi commercial... the dude trying to get into his old jeans... :)
Summer of '69 by Bryan Adams: Reminds me of a funny moment at a youth group meeting.
There's probably a lot of other songs, but I can't think of them.
So, I'm gonna take that Zeppelin book back to the library. It's called Led Zeppelin In Their Own Words, compiled by Paul Kendall. I love the photos in it. It's the only copy that the library has, and I think it's out of print. I also have to pick up Becoming Jane, season one of Torchwood, and the complete recordings of Robert Johnson.
Plus, the tent sale at the LYS is coming up :D :D :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment