I went to London, Ontario to see my sister Katie yesterday. My dad was meeting folks, so while we were waiting for him and my sister's boyfriend to come, the three of us - me, Katie and Mom - played Scrabble. Katie won, I came in second place, and Mom came in third. For me, the best part of the game was when I had a blank tile and got 'hijabs'. And, if I remember correctly, it was a triple-word score. Sweet :)
Also, she gave me three packs of gum. She bought this huge mixed pack of gum, and found out that she only liked one kind, so she game my mom three packs of peppermint gum and she gave me three packs of berry-flavoured gum. I was only going to take one pack when she offered us the gum, but she said, "You want two packs? Three?", and just gave them to me.
We went out to a Japanese restaurant for dinner. The food there is so good. I didn't eat any sushi (I wasn't too keen on it the first time I tried it), but I did have a bowl of BBQ pork udon, and some tempura, and some squid. Yum :) I also had a few edamame, which were quite good, and some deep-fried squid rings. Then everyone except Dad had ice cream. The servings of ice cream were small - which is actually good because desserts are often so huge. Mom, Katie and I had mango-flavoured ice cream and Katie's boyfriend had vanilla. The mango ice cream was so good!
I took two books with me for the trip there - a book about Bob Dylan, and Emperor Mage by Tamora Pierce. I was going to bring my discman, but I decided against it - I hate my discman. I really don't like the buttons on it, because you have to dig your finger into them, but that might have been because I had the discman on my bed while reading or something when I was using it. Anyway, I might have to get an MP3 player, so that I have some music to take with me on those long car rides.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Visiting my sister
Labels:
Bob Dylan,
book,
books,
dad,
dinner,
Emperor Mage,
food,
Japanese restaurant,
mom,
restaurant,
sister,
Tamora Pierce,
yum
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your day sounds really interesting. I used to work at a shop where I sold mango sorbets, and they were pretty good. :)
I love playing Scrabble. Except when I'm losing!
Post a Comment