Sunday, February 8, 2009

This sucks.

Because Mom doesn't want to watch the Grammys, she put it on Sky High, which I'm pretty sure she's seen before. I know I've seen it at least once.

Anyways.

We visited Grandma yesterday, and she looks better than she had the last time I saw her. She smiled for Mom, and Mom says that her smile has improved. Grandma asked how my mouth was feeling, which was sweet of her. We saw Brian and Maryanne (Mary-Anne? Maryann? Mary-Ann?) - I think Brian is one of Mom's cousins. He said he hadn't seen me since I was much shorter :p

Church was good today. The service was Black History Month themed. Our guest speaker, Rev. Horton, was teaching the kids to play 'Telephone' - he was explaining how rumors get twisted around until they turn out to be different from how they originally started out, often becoming unkind rumors, like how people told rumors about Martin Luther King Jr. So Rev. Horton was asking the kids what their names were, and one girl said that her name was Reese (Reis? Not sure how it's spelled). He misheard her, so he had her repeat herself, and one of the boys said, "Reese - like Reese's Pieces!" Those kids crack me up.

The sermon was good, although I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have. He was a bit difficult to listen to, though, because he pauses a bit as he speaks. What was funny was how Beverly (the service leader for this morning) put a note at the pulpit telling him to wrap up the sermon, and he said, "I'm being reminded of the time." I guess he's been known to talk longer than he's supposed to.

I think we're going to visit Grandma again tomorrow. In that case, I should probably do more laundry.

No comments: