Friday, February 13, 2009

Computers do vex me.

Hi.

So my computer doesn't recognise my keyboard. I think the USBs have loose connections or something. My mouse still works though, and my right speaker, but for now I'm using my dad's computer.

His computer is friggin' amazing. It makes mine look prehistoric. Although I'm not keen on his keyboard - I don't think he is, either, because he was used to his old ergonomic one that he got when we were still using the HP. The HP originally came with a standard rectangular keyboard like this one, but Dad replaced it with an ergonomic one. I'm not entirely sure why. I think it was because some of the keys were losing their letters from being used so much.

I'm also pissed off at my mother.

You see, I was standing by the coffee table at 9:00 last night, mucking about with my pouch of knitting supplies (yarn needles, stitch markers, etc.), when I heard a loud bang coming from the front door. I opened it to find that flyers had been thrown against the door, and yelled "@$$HOLE!!!" out the door. It turns out that it was the next-door-neighbor's daughter, Hannah, who threw the flyers - she and her mom were delivering flyers. So Mom gives me grief over it. She told me that it could've been a guy out on parole who could've come up the stairs and punched me!

1. I'm a black belt. I know self-defense.

2. There are two tall, staff-like weapons used in martial arts that I could've used to defend myself.

3. Who the hell delivers flyers at 9:00 at night?!

So yeah... pretty pissed.

I've also had a sore throat, which has made me grumpier than usual, and when I'm sick, I don't appreciate having ANYTHING thrown against the screen door, making me jump outta my skin.

But seriously. 9:00 PM?!

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Delivering flyers at night like that is not cool. Wait until the day when its bright out. I'd be freaked out too.