I've had a weird stomach today. I've been eating in spits and spurts, instead of gorging like I normally do. Thanks to ginger ale and some Pepto, though, it's not too bad now.
In fact, I'm feeling hungry again.
Yesterday I decided that I needed to make a lesson plan, to which my know-it-all mother replied, "That's what I've been saying all along." I'm convinced that the reason why my education has been all weirded out is because...
1. She taught me science when I was younger, and now I've forgotten a good chunk of it.
2. She would focus on my brother and give me busywork to do while she turned him into a boy genius. Now, I know my brother was lazy and stubborn, and he needed to be badgered to do his work, but I was left hanging with annoying fractions, not-so-annoying English and a French book that I didn't really like. I used a science workbook as well when I was about 12 or 13, but I was still lacking something. For history, we had all these heavy books on Canadian history, or the childrens' books from the library. I honestly preferred the childrens' books, because it was the same stuff, but in an easier-to-understand style. And they have pictures. And the font is a good size. I also flipped through books from the library on the Romans and the Celts, and some books on Japanese culture and history. But something was still lacking. My mother now claims that she was going to order owl pellets for us to dissect, but she didn't, because I had told her that I 'didn't want to touch owl poop'. Well, that's a load of bullshit, because I had been reading Skellig at the time (great book, by the way), and I was interested in owl pellets. And, if I remember correctly, they aren't 'owl poop', because owl pellets are coughed up! And, I'm sorry, but Canadian History for Dummies and other textbooks aren't the way I like to learn Canadian history. I learn it in smaller chunks. Deal with it. And I can't learn science from a friggin' fact book, either! I've tried it, and while it works for some things, it doesn't work for others! And if you want me to study geography, I am not learning it from Don't Know Much About Geography, because that book is dry, boring, depressing and nigh colourless. All of the pictures are in black and white. That's no way to learn geography. I also don't want to read that awful book because I'm sick of Columbus (or whoever it was) rambling on about how the world is a pear.
I feel a little better now.
Anyways, I started my own lesson plan for February.
For Biology, I'm sticking with Human 3D. I have to ask Dad to help me get rid of the old shortcuts, though, so I can reinstall it. I guess when Windows updated, it dumped the program. Whee. I might also use my anatomy colouring book as a study tool.
For World History, I'm going to read through the Lucent Library of Black History books (I think that's what the series is called), for Black History Month. I'm also going to continue reading The Complete Idiot's Guide to World Mythology until it's due back to the library on the 19th.
For Japanese, I'm going to continue watch Let's Learn Japanese, and try to practise writing in Japanese script.
For math, algebra. Polynomials at the moment, but hopefully I'll be rid of them in a few weeks.
For English, I think I'll read Roots by Alex Haley, and any library teen fiction I pick up.
For Art, Photoshop, Knitting, and maybe Corel Painter.
For Music, I started compiling a list of songs to practise.
For Creative Writing, refine my NaNo story and work on another story I started.
That's all for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment