Saturday, January 17, 2009

Been a little while since I've posted...

So, here's a recap.

Friday

We went out to Michaels, thinking that their sale had already started. Turns out it didn't start until today (Saturday), so I got scolded for not reading the flyer properly, and then Mom made it sound like she wasn't going to let me go back the next sale for when the sale started, like some form of punishment. I freaked out in the store, and embarassed Mom. I also tried to refuse a coupon from someone, and Mom later told me off for 'being rude'.

I wound up getting two skeins of Phentex Worsted in a pretty yellow-green colourway. It literally looks like budgie feathers. I'm going to use that to make Grandma a Clapotis.

After that, we went to PetSmart to get breath-freshening dog treats (while walking the short distance to PetSmart, Mom told me off once more for my 'defeatist attitude'). We got these treats called Blue Chews for the dogs, and while we waited in line, Mom told me that the reason why I forgot to check the Michaels flyer was because I'm under stress, and that it was 'all right'. Huh.

When we got home, Mom checked the answering machine, and there was a message from Grandpa saying that Grandma's coming back here Monday. From what I've heard, they're taking her to a hospital downtown.

Saturday

I'm in bed, and Mom asks me if I want oatmeal. I say no. Then a few minutes later, she tells me that she's printing off a Michaels coupon. Then, she asks me if I'm dressed and if I've eaten, because we're going to Michaels in, like, 15 minutes!!! I needed a shower, too, but I didn't have enough time, so I had to have a very rushed wash. Meanwhile, I was screaming at my mother, who told me to act my age or she'd leave me at home.

SHE DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME THAT WE WERE GOING RIGHT AWAY!!!!! I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT WE WOULDN'T GO UNTIL THAT AFTERNOON!!!! IF SHE'D TOLD ME THAT WE WERE GOING, I WOULD HAVE HAD A SHOWER RIGHT AWAY!!!!!

I feel better now. Almost.

So I got six skeins of Patons Decor in a pretty blue. While I was looking at the Decor, Mom asked me how much yarn I needed for the Mrs. Darcy cardigan, and I told her that I was going to use my green superwash for that. So she told me in a snarky tone, "Do you want your sweater to be Christmas green?"

I can't believe her sometimes.

We went to Giant Tiger next, where my mother actually bought these Texas Toast things. She never buys that kind of thing - jalapeno pepper poppers, yes. Pop Tarts, sometimes. But never something like frozen Texas Toast things. She also got her favourite chips while Dad kinda wandered off, and she told me to go with him and wait for her while she got them. I told Dad that she was getting her chips, and he got ticked that she wasn't getting his chips. And when he told her that much, she got pissed off. Long story short, he got a bag of barbecue, a bag of salt and vinegar and a bag of plain. Halle-frickin'-lujah.

Then it was off to Metro to buy more groceries, and where Mom got pissed off again. Grocery shopping with her can be so fun.

When we got home, I ate a sandwich, then I dried dishes for Dad while we complained about Mom. You know, some days I'm mad at my dad and complain about him with my mom, other days it's vice versa. This was one of the vice versa days.

I get the metal post for my tooth put in on Monday. Whoo-hoo. I hope Dr. G has me hopped up on plenty of drugs.

No comments: