I was very upset when I posted about my tooth, so I'll try again.
When Dr. G started drilling the hole into the bone graft, a piece came out. This was because the bone graft was too thin. So, he put another, larger piece of cow bone in my mouth. It hasn't completely healed up yet, so I can't wear my flipper yet.
Because I'm on a diet of liquid and semisolid foods, I've been eating Kozy Shack rice pudding and chocolate pudding. We got it when we went to Metro, because Mom thought I'd be on soft foods after the post went in. Good thing she got it, because I'm on soft food due to a second bone graft. Yay me :p We got ginger ale recently, too - probably when Dad went to Shoppers Drug Mart to buy pop. It's a pleasant change from water, I must say - my stomach's been a bit off today, probably because I was swallowing my own blood in my sleep, as gross as that sounds.
I might go visit Grandma today, and if we have time, Mom wants the two of us to go to Second Cup to knit with the other gals. I don't have a problem with going to visit Grandma, I'm just not sure if I should go to Second Cup - I guess it would be all right, as long as I get an Italian soda and keep my mouth closed so that I don't gross people out with my awesome new bone graft. But I can't get a warm drink like white hot chocolate, because I've been trying to drink through the side of my mouth, and... well, it would be difficult. Best stick to cold drinks, since I can probably use a straw without poking my stitches.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OK... your bone graft sounds very painful and gruesome (regardless of how much Novocaine they give you). And it sounds like your diet is really sucking right now. Unless you were to supplement it with ice cream! I mean, that's kind of a liquid, right?
I'm going to stop rambling now, because I know I'm not making the situation any better.
Post a Comment