Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dishcloth Fever

I've got an itch to make dishcloths. Making them can qualify as a House Cup assignment - Charms, 'Banishing stash or WIPs'. You see, I have some cotton that I want to use up. Originally, I was going to make a Ballband Dishcloth (you know, the pattern from the Peaches & Creme ballband), but I'm not sure if I have enough of two colours, so when I do make one I'll use two full skeins. I'm thinking of making some basic on-the-bias garter stitch dishcloths, like the Grandma's Favourite pattern, but I'll probably use the pattern from the Bernat Handicrafter ballband to save me from printing off the pattern, because I'm pretty sure the Bernat one is the same thing.

Phew.

I should write a parody song of 'Catscratch Fever' and call it 'Dishcloth Fever', lol.

In other news, Daylight Savings Time is messing up my head. I think it's messing up my stomach, too, because my internal clock is still an hour behind. Probably by the end of the week I'll get used to the time change.

I had a relaxing morning with the house to myself, because Mom and Dad went to look a glasses for Mom. So I listened to a few Galaxie music channels and read a bit of The Manga Guide to Physics, which was fun. They went out again later, so I had a bit more time to myself, so I read a bit of Blood And Chocolate. At one point I got up and started pacing/dancing, because 'I Want You To Want Me' by Cheap Trick came on ;)

It's a little over three weeks until Easter Sunday, and I'm already plotting my outfit. I want it to be daring - I might wear my Led Zeppelin shirt and my pleather jacket (pleather=plastic leather). If it's warm enough, I want to wear my navy blue cotton skirt that I got from Value Village.

No comments: