Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Finished, and started

I finished the dishcloth and started another one, with the same colour yarn, same needles and same pattern. I think I'm going to use up a partial economy skein of Bernat Handicrafter and just make dishcloths to my heart's content. After all, it keeps me from going crazy.

So lately I've been addicted to Kristin Chenoweth's rendition of 'Hopelessly Devoted To You', from the first season of Pushing Daisies...



I prefer it over Olivia Newton John.

So it's eleven days 'til Easter Sunday, and I've got this feeling of impending doom. But then again, I feel that way about most holidays. At least now I'm no longer at a young and impressionable age, which means I can be snarky if I like. I like that.

At least some people I like will be there for Easter dinner. It's going to be at Uncle Brent's, so Justin and Breanne should be there. Plus, Glen (my mom's cousin) and Maxine (his wife) are coming, from what I heard via eavesdropping (hehe...). I haven't seen them in a while, so it'll be nice to see them. And it'll be nice for Grandma.

As for the rest of my extended family, I honestly couldn't care less. Uncle Brent, while I like him, can be very Jekyll and Hyde at times. Grandpa is a jerk, period. Aunt Patti didn't put my name on our Christmas card, just my mom's name, my dad's name, and 'and family', while my brother and sister got their own cards - if she addresses me by my name, I plan on saying, "Wait, what did you call me? I thought my name was And Family - after all, that's what you put on the Christmas card." Petty? Perhaps, but it's about time I stopped letting myself be a verbal doormat with my relatives.

Yesterday I took a practice test thing in my GED books on run-on sentences and sentence fragments, and I got every question right. I was utterly gobsmacked.

No comments: