Chili and a Coke? What was I THINKING?!
Actually, the chili was kinda weak. Next time I'll put hot sauce in it and have the Pepto tablets at the ready.
Youth group was good and bad. The good news was that I got my point across about actually doing things, and we might have meetings over the summer! The bad news was that Stone was there, and was being obnoxious. I didn't walk out of the loft, though, until close to the end of the meeting when I went to see if Dad was there yet. But Stone said some stuff that I think he should have kept to himself. Private stuff. I won't say who it was about. But let's just say I'm pissed.
When I got back from youth group, I told my mom about the possibility of summer meetings. I said something like, "Stephen suggested that we have meetings over the summer..." and Mom said "No." Then I told her about how I suggested that we have the summer meetings be ever other week instead of every week. I'm so pissed that she automatically said no. What is her problem with summer meetings? Is she planning something for the summer and isn't telling me? I don't have to go to every meeting, just as many as possible! And Stephen would totally understand if I miss a meeting due to doing something with my family!!!!!
On a happier note, I think I'll try getting back into journal writing. I think I miss it. I've picked up I Capture the Castle again after a long break from it - reading it is something else I've missed. I seem to be in a reading funk - plus, I've been kicking myself because I didn't get this book at Indigo about Mary Shelley when I got my bargain books there. Damn! And I can't remember what it was called or who wrote it! I'll have to go to Indigo and see if I can find it. I like Indigo better than Chapters - even though they're the same company now, I like Indigo better because it's better ordganised.
I listened to the library's copy of Pink Floyd's The Final Cut. It's interesting. Very bitter, but interesting. I think a sound effect from one of the songs actually made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up - I was listening to the CD on headphones, so I was able to hear everything pretty clearly.
I might walk down to the library tomorrow, if I feel up to it. Today I only felt like reading. And I felt miserable earlier. But I think I'm okay now. I'm just sick of all this crap with my family. I wish my brother would call home. I wish Mom would get off my case about what I should be learning. I wish I had the courage to walk to the library by myself. I wish Grandpa wouldn't be such an ass. I wish Patti would get over herself and stop acting like a child. I wish I'd spent my childhood better. I feel like I'm running out of time.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
In which Merenwen battles indigestion and other nuisances.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Pepto tablets have been a life saver for me.
I love The Final Cut album more and more after time goes by. I played it so much at one point I had to take a break from it, but it's an awesome one. Very Rogeresque.
Post a Comment