Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Getting back into the swing of things.

Hey, sorry I haven't posted in a while. There's not much to recap, actually - I went out for dinner with Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa on Wednesday, and skipped youth group. I want to go to youth group tomorrow, though, because I haven't been going for... three, four weeks?

Oh, and I signed up for the HP Knitting and Crochet House Cup on Ravelry, which should be fun. I hope I get sorted into Ravenclaw :)

So Monday (yesterday) I started doing schoolwork again after my very extended break (eep!). Started with biology, then writing, then reading, then lunch. After that, it was world history, then math. Then a bit of music, I think, but not much. We've got this Usbourne piano classics book that I've been trying to use, but I can't read the chords. There are these numbers above some parts of the pieces, but... do they stand for chords?! So I've been trying to 'sound out' the chords, just playing a chord that has the right key in it... and hoping for the best.

My darling Ma thinks that I need to get into a rhythm with my schoolwork. I haven't been letting on that I have a rhythm sorted out, though. Maybe I'll write it out on the whiteboard so that she can see that I'm trying to keep my education organised...

So, for math, I'm still doing polynomials. For biology, I'm using my anatomy colouring book (yeah, I said 'colouring book'), since Human 3D will not work. For 'Lit' I'm just reading the sixth Harry Potter book (I want to finish it in time for when the movie comes out), writing has been working on my Harry Potter fanfiction (which is almost complete), and for world history I've been reading through that WWII book, which is interesting. I learned last week (I didn't do much work last week, but I did read a few pages of the WWII book) that the economy was so bad in Germany back then that housewives used their paper money for their stoves, because the paper money was worthless.

Math has been treating me good today. I've learned the Zero Product Rule, which I friggin' love. It's fairly simple to understand. The only problem is that some of the polynomials on which I have to use the Zero Product Rule only have two expressions, so I don't know how to factor them, thus I don't know how to use the ZPR on them. I might have to ask my mom to look up the page in the answer key, so that I know what do to with them.

Oh yeah. I woke up rather early. It must've been really early, because my dad was up, and he gets up early. He and my mom were bickering over an open window. At first I thought, oh my god, did the cat get out? But then I think I heard the tag and bells on her collar jingling. The kitty's fine. My mother, on the other hand, keeps making references to the argument by saying that 'I was called a liar this morning'. Ha! Big deal! I'm called a 'miserable child' daily, because my !@#$ing irritating father thinks I'm miserable all the time. Is it because I make bitter remarks? Or because I don't smile as much as he'd like?

I know I've been a bitch lately, but it's mainly because of: stress + not having a contract at the dojo anymore = anger and bitterness.

Ah, life... it's a bitch.

No comments: