Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend, Part 2 (or, 'I Really Don't Want to Be Here')

Time for part 2 of the weekend :)

Saturday

We didn't do much Saturday, but we did have turkey and ham for dinner, which was fabulous. Mom made scalloped potatoes, too, which kicked ass. I didn't have any of the Arctic Gardens peas and zucchini, though, as I hate peas, but I had salad. And we had lemon meringue pie for dessert :)

Sunday

I listened to the radio for a bit, then came upstairs. We didn't bother with Easter baskets, so partway through Sunday Morning Mom gave me a chocolate bunny and some Peeps. After she gave chocolate bunnies and Peeps to Katie and Dan (who came down later), she gave mini Whopper eggs to me and Katie. They were originally for Aunt Patti's boyfriend's kids, but they weren't coming to the hospital today.

I had lemon meringue pie for breakfast, and since dinner had been changed to lunch, I didn't eat before we left. Katie and Dan went to pick up Nathan and Steph at... 11:00? 11:30? I can't remember, but it was somewhere around that time.

We arrived just as Grandpa was wheeling Grandma into the room. This room that Grandpa booked was basically an apartment, with a kitchen/dining/living area, a bathroom and a bedroom. It was a nice room, but I really, really didn't want to be there. I wish I had brought a book with me, but that would've been rude.

And Grandpa was being... weird? Sullen? I don't know. He said nothing to me as he handed me my Easter card. He handed them out like it was his duty and didn't give a crap about it. And when he handed me a bag of chocolate eggs, he said something like, "Here, before I forget." It was odd.

Oh, and I found out that these friends from Arizona actually live here in the province. Huh.

And Becca (Patti's kid, my cousin) was dressed like a hooker. She was somewhat nice to me, though. She offered me a Baci chocolate that Patti's friend had brought. The little piece of paper that came with the chocolate cracked me up - had something witty printed on it, but I can't remember the exact words.

And I never really got to visit Grandma, because there were so many people. I don't know what the hell Grandpa was thinking, having that many people around Grandma at once.

Oh well. At least I got to see Justin, and I got to eat some killer ice cream cake.


No comments: