My sister Katie and her boyfriend Dan are over. I came down to see them, then went back upstairs because Dad was being a jerk. When I came down, Dad asked me if I was going with them. Where? I asked. Indigo and Michaels. So I had to wolf down leftover Chinese take-out and get ready to go out. Mom got pissed off because I was rushing. Katie was telling me the temperature in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit, and asked me, "What are you, American?" to which I replied, "I'm Transylvanian, bitch." I was joking, but she said, "This bitch is driving." So I said I was joking. And when I was putting on my ski jacket, my mom yelled, "Why are you wearing your ski jacket?" or something like that, so I put on my brown hoodie instead. After some yelling and screaming, we all piled into their rental car and went to Indigo.
(I was screaming and yelling and crying because I was under the impression that they were on their way out the door. When I told them I needed to eat, my mom said they were practically on their way out. Huh.)
Since it's close to Christmas, I didn't get any CDs at Indigo, although I was very tempted to get 80s Gold, or Bruce Springsteen: Greatest Hits, or Rush: Gold or perhaps Cat Stevens: Gold. Instead, Mom got British 80s Gold and we got The Essential Blues Brothers for Dad.
I got so pissed off when we were in Michaels, because I only got to look at the yarn for a minute or so. I wanted to see if there was discount yarn, or maybe look at some needles. But no, we looked at garlands and ornaments, but I only got to look at a few displays of yarn. I didn't get to go into the aisles and look.
Well, I have to go to Chapters soon to get the new issue of Knit.1, so maybe I'll get to the Michaels in Ancaster.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment