Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Resolutions

I put this list together last night...

New Years Resolutions

1. Stick to a study schedule.
2. Try to read the books I put on booklists.
3. Compile a summer booklist.
4. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
5. Learn how to use Windows Movie Maker and eventually make a Bennie and the Jets misheard lyrics video.
6. Try to exercise regularly.
7. Learn intarsia.
8. Learn duplicate stitch so that I can make those Back to School washcloths.
9. Knit a hat.
10. Knit a sweater.
11. Learn cables.
12. Dye yarn.
13. Volunteer in a Music Sunday.
14. Make my bed by 11:00, every night.
15. Get my beginner's driver's license.
16. Practice playing my keyboard more often.
17. Learn to play guitar.
18. Read the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
19. Read up on black history.
20. Learn how to use Photoshop.
21. Design a knitting pattern.
22. Watch 'Labyrinth', 'Tommy' and 'Gangs of New York'.
23. Go for runs around the block when the weather's nice.
24. Knit a pair of socks.
25. Make something out of my Japanese cookbook.
26. Take an art class of some kind???
27. Read The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

So there you have it. I put down 'Read up on black history' because I feel like I should be reading more books on it than I have been. And I was too young to see 'Gangs of New York' when it came out, and it looks so interesting, so I'd like to get that out of the library and watch it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck sticking to your resolutions! I'm going to try extra hard this year...no giving up after 2 weeks of trying super hard ;)
Better go and work on more of those resolutions (lol, I'm not kidding, either!)
Chelsea
aka crochetcollection