Sunday, December 14, 2008

Lunch at Grandma's

Well, let's just say that lunch at my grandparents' went eerily well. Still, it didn't stop Grandma from mentioning Aunt Patti, and Becca. Oh well, I guess some of her habits will never fade. Patti, Jesse and Becca will always be the favourites.

The lunch itself tasted good. Grandma made a casserole with chicken and Ritz crackers, and it actually tasted good. The macaroni salad was alright - Mom liked it, but as I'm not keen on raw red peppers, I thought it was just okay. There were also sweet potatoes, which were good, and bread to go with lunch. The only thing that seemed to spoil the meal was that, before I even sat down, Grandpa was asking me if I wanted wine. I told him I was underage, and he said something about it being up to my parents. So, when I was finished in the bathroom and returned to the table, I was offered non-alcoholic drinks. I had Pepsi. For dessert there was ice cream, which Mom didn't have, but I had some, and there were cookies too. I actually don't mind Grandma's cookies, because she makes these yummy ones with marshmallows and peanut butter (I think???), and another kind with chocolate and chow mein noodles. Mom said we can make the chocolate ones this year, because we have chow mein noodles. Sweet :)

Katie and Dan got their Christmas presents from my grandparents, too, because they won't see each other again until after Christmas because Grandma and Grandpa are going away on the.... 27th? I think? Anyways, the 27th is when Katie and Dan are coming up again. Nathan and Steph are supposed to come up on the 27th, too, and Justin might be able to come up that day, too.

Which reminds me, I still have to finish Justin's scarf. No pressure :p

I can't eat anything after 10:00, because I have to go to the doctor's to get my flu shot and to have my yearly physical, and because our family doctor has us go to have blood and urine tests done, I'll have to get stuck in both the arm and the veins. Whee. So that means I have to fast for twelve hours. I still have just under 20 minutes to eat, though. I did have a good supper though. My supper was:

The last of the leftover beef chow mein
A Nutella sandwich
A fortune cookie
The last of the awesome Newman's Own grape juice that we got at Costco
One of the chocolates from my swap package

Now I have 15 minutes left to eat, but I'm not that hungry. Toodles :)

No comments: