Easter was reasonably good. Allow me to recap...
Good Friday
I posted on Good Friday, so there isn't much to say. We had Swiss Chalet for dinner because none of us felt like cooking.
Saturday
I cleaned the bathroom a bit. It was the first time I'd ever scrubbed a toilet, and I think I did an okay job. I could've done better, but eh. Afterwards, Mom called me back to scrub behind the toilet seat and the front edge of the tub. Boo.
Katie called in the evening to say that they had severe wind warnings where she is, so she said she'd come up in the morning instead.
Sunday
We chilled for most of the morning, because Mom made her desserts ahead of time. Katie came... I can't remember when she came, but it was in the morning, lol. We watched Bill Mahr's film Religulous, which was neat. Kind of funny, how the channel decided to play it for Easter Sunday.
And then all hell broke loose: I was on my period. I panicked, because I wanted to be able to wear my skinny-ish jeans and still be comfortable. In the end, I wore them and my green and brown flowery top that Grandma and Grandpa gave me for my birthday a few years ago, and my Avon egg necklace that G&G gave me a few years ago. I threw on my brown safari jacket, took my pads and a book, and off we went.
The weather was great: balmy, with a bit of wind. When we got to Uncle Brent's, Heather's daughters, Jenasee and Tegan, were waiting at the window for Katie. It was so cute.
Sometime before dinner, Grandpa asked me if I was a chocoholic, so I said something like, "Yeah, I think I am." He told me, "I brought some Easter candy, it's over there, so go help yourself." But it was all the cheap stuff - plain chocolate eggs, bunny-shaped chocolates, and those gross sugar eggs. For YEARS, Grandma and Grandpa gave us grandkids those sugar eggs. I'd eat some of them to be polite, but Nathan hated them. Nathan couldn't come to Easter dinner because he was sick (and legitimately sick, from what Mom said). I should tell him about the sugar eggs...
Dinner was good. Patti didn't speak to us or even take out desserts. Kevin came, though, but that's 'cause Kevin's a nice guy. She probably ate off his plate. And Becca was being a little madam, especially to Katie. She had her earbuds in her ears for most of the day, and wore these shorts that were rolled up so much (they were the kind with the button-tab for rolling up the cuffs), they qualified as Daisy Dukes. Seriously, Becca? Daisy Dukes on Easter Sunday? Short-shorts are for summer, not family gatherings with young, impressionable children around!
Dessert was a kind of lemon cream pie, pineapple and coconut squares, and blueberry rhubarb crisp. I think Uncle Brent has the leftover pie. I heard Grandpa say very loudly that he 'should take some leftover dessert with him'. The seating arrangements were hilarious - Brent sat me, Katie, Mom and Dad in the kitchen, and Patti, Kevin, Jesse and Becca had to sit in the living room. I don't think Patti was impressed :)
And guess what I found in my duck wing? A BEEBEE! Just like the goose at Thanksgiving dinner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment