Thursday, July 2, 2009

In a real finishing mood

Yup. I'm in a finishing mood, probably because I need to free up some needles. I finished my Heart Illusion Dishcloth this afternoon while listening to Journey's Greatest Hits, which I picked up for the library today. It looks pretty neat, although it might be too loose to be a dishcloth, so it might be a nice washcloth. Either way,it kicks butt. I'll have to take a photo of the finished cloth. I have in-progress shots on Flickr - hang on...


DSCN1135


DSCN1134

DSCN1132


I like the flecked white cotton with the peach cotton. The white is Bernat Handicrafter Cotton, and I think the peach is an older skein of Handicrafter, because it's softer and more splitty.

Here's the mug cozy for Divination:


DSCN1136


And here's the bobble pillow I started:

DSCN1137

So, there you have it. The three projects for June :)

I may only do one class this month, maybe two. Three seems to be a bit much. If I can complete two assignments by the July deadline, I'll be so happy.

Canada Day, which was yesterday, was very boring. We didn't go anywhere to celebrate, which pissed me off. Instead we hung around the house, watching Pineapple Express and assorted TV shows. I didn't even get to see any fireworks, because they were all too far away for me to see out the back door. But, I mean, we could've at least gone to watch fireworks at the park, but no - mom wanted to laze around the house. It was probably the worst Canada Day I've had in a while, if not ever.

So yeah. Didn't do anything significant for Canada Day. Grrr. At least Mom made brownies and ice cream. Chestnut ice cream, which is pretty spiffy.

So tomorrow I might try to finish my mug cosy if my neck and shoulders aren't killing me. Or maybe I'll cast on a scarf for Muggle Studies. Or maybe I'll work on my house tie.

Anyways.

Dad still hasn't put that old network card from the HP into my computer, so I'm still using Dad's - which is fine, except that he refuses to download Firefox, so I'm stuck with the incompetence of Internet Explorer. Grah.

I should ask Dad to burn me a copy of that new Green Day album I got him... which reminds me, he put iTunes on his computer! Yay! Now I don't have to deal with Windows Media Player's incompetence!

edited for spelling

No comments: