Friday, July 3, 2009

Knitting and Journey

I've discovered that I like listening to Journey when I knit. Maybe I'll put their greatest hits album (which I'm borrowing from the library) on my birthday list. That'll spice up my iTunes library.

So today I cast off my mug cosy, but I want to block it before I sew on the buttons (it's an adjustable one), because it's mostly stockinette and curls like crazy. Then this evening I worked on my mandrake blanket a little. I only did two rows of that, though, because the rows are long and my size 7 circular needle is a bugger that likes coiling up on me.

Had another... well, not a fight, but a disagreement with my mother about post-secondary. She called me upstairs to show me this article about the local college offering a mechanic program and that women mechanics are in demand. I walked away without saying anything to her, and she flew into a rage about 'trying to help my future', yadda-yadda-yadda.

Other than that... not a lot has happened. I think I'm getting oput of my reading funk, which is good.

No comments: