I truly am swimming in books.
I had to empty out one of my small bookcases, because we're having someone come over tomorrow as early as 8 AM to install an HD satellie receiver, so my bookcase needed to be moved - meaning I had to take all the books out. The original idea was to put them in a plastic tub, but there were just too many books. Most of the hardcover books went in the plastic tub, and all of the paperbacks were stacked pretty much everywhere. And when Dad moved the bookcase, I saw the source of those ghastly black spiders for myself: a big cobweb with a few spiders about it. UGH. I hope Mom doesn't make me clean it. I never asked to be shunted into the basement in the first place. Dad reckons we'll need to attack that corner with some bleach.
I watched Lost in Austen today, and it was really good - although I've never read any Jane Austen. I want to read Pride & Prejudice, though. Maybe I'll put it on my birthday list for Grandma and Grandpa, because the only copy we have is on cassette.
I also watched a bit of Benny & Joon. I love that movie.
I think I'm going to reserve a bunch of older movies from the library. So far this year I have watched:
Bolt
My Neighbor Totoro
I'm Not There
Milk
Shock Treatment
Frost/Nixon
Hair
Labyrinth
I definitely want to watch:
Sixteen Candles
Pretty in Pink
The Breakfast Club
The Mighty (I've seen it before, but I love this movie so much that I want to watch it again for old time's sake)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ewww! My room is filthy, and I most certainly hope that I won't find any spiders when I finally get around to cleaning it. good luck with getting your movies rom the library. I've never seen any of those, but I have heard of some of them.
Post a Comment