I haven't posted in a few days, so I'll recap first.
Youth group on Wednesday was, again, good and bad. The good part was that I saw my friends. The bad parts were that we played ultimate frisbee, which I walked out on twice; Elyssa was back from the big youth conference, and Elyssa told me that I 'shouldn't judge people' when I said how pissed off I was about Kristen Stewart (or, as I like to call her, 'Twilight Girl') portraying Joan Jett in an upcoming Runaways biopic. As my dad says, POT CALLING KETTLE BLACK! She is such a friggin' hypocrite! She calls me 'useless' (even though she was supposedly 'being sarcastic', it still stung), and then has the nerve to tell ME not to judge people? Wow, that's pretty cold.
Riley hasn't been to youth group for a couple of weeks. I hope he's okay.
Oh, and another thing that pisses me off - when Riley and his sister Rene's dog was run over by a car a few months back, Elyssa had said something like, "How could a dog be like a brother to you?" I told her that my dog Frisco, a Rat Terrier we had adopted (he died a few years ago) was like a brother to me. Riley's dog wound up having to be put down. We were all pretty sad that day. I couldn't help but cry.
On Thursday, Dad and I went shopping for Mom's birthday. Indigo didn't have any of the knitting books she had put on her list, so we ordered one. I'm not sure when it'll arrive - probably in a week. They'll call us when it's in. So I put the order slip in the card I gave her. I think she's quite happy :)
When we walked through the mall, there must have been at least two - I think I counted three - people that almost walked into us. It's unbelieveable how rude people can be in a shopping mall! Here we were, abiding the usual walking etiquette, and we nearly get bulldozed by some busybody!
Yesterday, Dad took Mom out to get her headphones as his present to her. She got a nice-looking pair. I don't think she told me how they sounded, but I'm sure they sound good. I myself have to get a new pair soon - the left speaker on mine cuts out a lot. I'll probably just get a cheap, $10 pair from The Source or something.
We went to a Thai restaurant - or was it Thai and Vietnamese? I don't know. We had to wait awhile, because we didn't think of making a reservation. The food was good, but the service was crap. Dad had to ask for a drink. We had water at the table, but still! I had chicken pho - chicken soup with rice noodles. It was alright except for the chicken. It was almost flavourless. Mom tasted a piece and said it was waterlogged. So, if I have a craving for chicken soup with rice noodles or vermicelli, I think I'll go to the Viet-Thai restaurant downtown.
Mom's cake is fabulous. It's labelled as 'Jamocha Almond'. And to top it all off, Meatloaf and his daughter Pearl were on Don't Forget the Lyrics!!! This was perfect, because Mom's a huge Meatloaf fan. We both sang along to 'Two Out of Three Ain't Bad' :)
ETA: Forgot to mention that we went to the British imports shop. I got my Munchies, as usual, and we got some Walkers crisps, among other things.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment