So, Katie came up yesterday, which was pretty cool. We went to see Grandma in the afternoon. Grandpa had these two bracelets that they'd gotten during their trip, and let me choose one. I chose the chunkier of the two. Lots of neat-looking squares. Awesome.
I had a stomach ache at the hospital, though. Mom kept yapping at me to not say so in front of a nurse. I know she said that because of the whole swine flu thing, but jeez! Dad and I went down to the Second Cup in the hospital and got coffees and a peppermint tea for me, and Mom gave me a couple of Pepto tablets.
And Grandpa was being really dumb. Like, Katie said that we had time-sensitive plans, and he still stalled us a little. We had time to stop at home to let the dogs out, but it still pissed me off. That, and he told Katie to 'let us know what you decide on for your graduation'. He acted like it was still up for discussion, and it's not.
So we went out for dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. I real, authentic Mexican restaurant. Of course, Grandpa doesn't like this restaurant, because he can't get fajitas. Well, fajitas are tex-mex, and if he wants fajitas, he should go to Mexicali Rosa's!
...end rant.
Anyhoo. Katie's decided to have her graduation dinner at this restaurant next month. And if Grandpa doesn't like it, too bad. So, dinner last night was fab. I even had room for dessert - deep-fried ice cream. YUM. Katie gave Mom her birthday/Mother's Day pressies, and then we went home and watched a bit of The Family Stone while we waited for the NASCAR race to come on. Then Katie left.
In other news, I haven't yet given Mom her present yet. I think I'll wait until after we've eaten dinner. We're going to have souvlaki for dinner :) Oh, and I watched Juno - on Mother's Day of all days ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment