Sunday, May 3, 2009

What's new

Not a lot is new in my life, actually. I printed off a couple of patterns that I intend to use for Herbology and Ancient Runes. I didn't print of the pattern I want to use for Charms yet, because I don't have the right yarn. That, and I haven't decided whether I'm using that pattern or making something else. I might even sign up for this month's Defense Against the Dark Arts, if I can fit it in.

So, I frogged the opera glove. At first I felt sad, but now I feel kinda relieved, because it was such a pain. I was using Red Heart Super Saver in Light Sage. As much as I love Red Heart Super Saver, I didn't like making the opera glove. Super Saver and eyelets don't seem to mix well. That, and the yarn was kinda bumpy and uneven, and I managed to get loose spots in the glove. The yarn will be used for my Herbology assignment instead. And my size 8 straight needles are free now! :D

HPKCHC has been a lot of fun thus far. I love hanging out in the Ravenclaw common room and looking through the class threads. What makes it even more neat if that I know a few people in the House Cup from other groups.

I came across a cute anime show Friday morning called Pretty Cure. I had been up really early because Mom had to go have bloodwork done at the lab, so I had to get up and look after the dogs. I didn't feel much like watching the morning news, so I flipped through the program guide and saw that Naruto was on YTV. I put it on and realised that it was pretty far into the series, so I did more guide-surfing until I decided to watch Naruto. Then on the other YTV channel, I saw Pretty Cure, and decided to see what it was. Like I said above, it's pretty cute. I didn't catch the end of the episode because Mom and Dad came home, so I flipped it back to the morning news, just in case Mom would tut-tut about me watching kids' shows :p The library doesn't have Pretty Cure, and I looked it up on Wikipedia and clicked on the YTV link to see the episode list. Turns out the season is almost done, so I'm hoping they'll replay it.

Other than that, not a lot has been going on.


No comments: