Saturday, November 15, 2008

Painting the loft!

So we started putting the primer on the walls of the loft today. It went pretty well, even though Stone was driving me close to insanity.

I was the first of the youth to arrive - in fact, I arrived before Stephen, who is one of our youth group leaders. Emma and her sister Nora came a bit later, with music. I was worried that the music wouldn't be my style, but Emma had Coldplay on her iPod! Sweet! She also had this really cool song on her iPod - I think it was called Hit Me by MIA. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :p I wanted to bring some music, but Emma and Nora had an iPod dock, and I don't think anyone had a CD player that they could bring, so... yeah. I probably could have borrowed Mom's, but I decided not to - I probably would've been the only person bringing a CD anyhow. We took a photo of Jesse's chalice mural before we painted over it with primer. I posed like an anime character, with my fingers in a 'v'. You know, like in Pokemon. haha.

After lunch, we took a break, hanging around the piano near the back exit. Stone and Stephen hooked up their computers, and I did a couple of katas - okay, one and a quarter, if you want to be absolutely specific. I couldn't do all of Unsu because it invovles breakfalls, which I can't do because of the risk of getting an infected jaw (because of the bone graft in my mouth). Stone looked like he was mimicking me, but he said he didn't. Eh, no worries. When the piano wasn't being used by Stone or Nora, I decided to try playing something. Now, I have a keyboard at home, but it's smaller than that piano, so this was pretty cool :) So I started playing She's a Rainbow by The Rolling Stones. And, of course, Stone was singing Christmas carols loudly overtop of my piano playing. Eh. So I told him that I wasn't playing a Christmas carol, I was playing a Stones song. So he said, "A 'Stone's Song'?", and I said, "The Rolling Stones! You know, Mick Jagger!" And then a congregant said, "I know what she's trying to play! She's trying to play She's a Rainbow!", to which I replied, "THANK YOU!" hehe. He also came over to help me with the song a bit.

Micaela came late, but she got to help apply another coat of primer. I didn't get to help with the primer before lunch, because everyone else was, so Stephen had me putting another coat of paint on the door trim and the window, but after lunch he had me help with the primer. I think Dad came to pick me up close to 4:00, but I can't quite remember. Oh, and Micaela was around after lunch (I can't remember when she arrived...), and she checked her e-mail using Stone's teeny laptop, and she got a notification e-mail saying that I tagged her in a note on Facebook. Hehe.

ETA: Okay, it's actually 'Hit That' :p

No comments: