Monday, November 10, 2008

Because I'm bored, and I need to write a new post...

I just posted a comment on Dianna's blog to add to the blog comment train, so I need to write some fresh material for someone to comment on.

So, how about another list?

Holiday Movies To Watch This Year

1. Love Actually (not for younger audiences)
2. Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas! - the original, animated one. I don't like the one with Jim Carey.
3. It's a Wonderful Life - just 'cause.
4. Elf
5. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Gotta love them Griswolds :)
6. The Snowman. Who says I'm too old?
7. Scrooged (Again, not for younger audiences.)
8. A Christmas Story - "You'll shoot your eye out!"
9. A Christmas Carol - if the black-and-white version is on, I'll watch it.
10. The Muppet Christmas Carol - because, although the black-and-white version is great, I love the Muppets. And Michael Caine was good in it as Scrooge.
11. A Charlie Brown Christmas - again, who says I'm too old?
12. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
13. Meet Me in St. Louis, which is a sort of multi-holiday movie, really. I might have to really hunt to find it on TV.
14. The Santa Clause, if Mom lets me watch it. We have the VHS tape somewhere.
15. The Santa Clause 2
16. White Christmas - my mom put her name down on for a copy from the library!
17. The Family Stone (not for younger audiences)
18. Little Women
19. Olive, the Other Reindeer
20. The Holiday
21. Mole's Christmas (The Wind in the Willows)
22. Miracle on 34th St (the original, although I don't mind the newer version)
23. This isn't exactly a movie, but I wanna catch the Mr. Bean Christmas special :)
24. Last Holiday
25. Shrek the Halls (another Christmas special)
26. The Polar Express
27. Not exactly a movie either, but I'd love to catch Robbie the Reindeer: The Lost Tribe
28. And the other Robbie the Reindeer TV special, if it's on.


That's all I can think of at the moment. If you have any other holiday movie suggestions, feel free to comment on this post with ideas. Thanks! :)

edited to add #18
edited to add #19
edited to add #20, #21 and #22
edited to add #23, #24 and #25
edited to add #26, #27 and #28




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your list. I might have to steal it. :-)
There's a couple of Rudolphs, I think. I really like the claymation. Oh, there's others too, I forget where they're called. But the ones with The ice guy and the fire guy? I'm Mr. some-thing, duh duh duh duh duh, whatever I touch, starts to melt something something something." Oh, I don't know. Sorry to babble!

Unknown said...

Wow, awesome list!I can't wait to watch some of these movies, Elf is definitely on the list to watch this weekend because it's on TV!

Yay for holidays, they are so much fun!

p.s. the yarn in your post above looks like it will be lots of fun to knit with!

Grace said...

Elf Elf Elf...

I always whip out that DVD on thanksgiving. I can't waaaaaaaait.

"My finger has a heartbeat."