And so far, it's going good. I described my story to Holly, and she thinks it's interesting :)
My cat decided to keep me up last night. She was playing with a mouse, bringing it down to my room and back upstairs again, over and over. When Smiles found out that the cat had a mouse, she got all antsy, barking really loud. To my amazement, my mom slept through Smiles's barking (and me yelling at Smiles to shut up and let me sleep :p).
I've pretty much decided that, no matter what, I'm going to enjoy the holidays. I really want to go caroling, but I know that no one else will want to go with me - Nathan probably wouldn't want to be out in the cold that long, and Katie isn't coming up here for Christmas Eve. I guess it'll just be me and Dad going down to get Christmas Day breakfast. I'll tell you folks more about that in another post.
I think Mom wants to look forward to the holidays, too. She says that if we get invited over to Grandma and Grandpa's for Christmas dinner, we'll go down. I'm not looking forward to seeing those two, but they are family. Practically the only extended family I have, since I don't really know my dad's side of the family well. It'll be cool to see Justin, Breanne and Uncle Brent, though. And Jack if he's up to coming. Hopefully we'll see Mom's cousin Glen and his wife Maxine, too.
What I really hate are the big family parties, for someone's birthday - usually Grandma's or Grandpa's. I usually only know about a quarter of the people there. Most of the guests are either family I barely know, family I don't know at all, or Grandma and Grandpa's friends. The last one was the worst - it was a double party, for Grandma's birthday and my grandparents' anniversary. I had a killer headache, so I was trying to stay away from noise. I have to feel sorry for the kind guests who asked me if I needed an Aspirin, though. They meant well. I didn't exactly snap at them, I just said, "No, thanks, I'm okay." In addition to the headache, my cute starry drop earrings kept falling out, I felt so awkward in the clothes and earrings that I was wearing (I picked them out, by the way), and then someone was trying to take a photo of me. I hate it when people just take photos of me without asking first. Katie thought I was being bratty, but I was really just irritated because of the noise and my earrings falling out. I must've looked so clumsy. And just as Grandma and Grandpa were arriving, we were all told to go upstairs to surprise them. So I was upstairs, and I was just so pissed off that I ignored the order and went down to the basement where my parents were. And I just cried, because of my headache. But Mom told me to just look happy, so that Grandma didn't see I was upset. I tried my best.
To top it all off, someone I only met once before at another family party asked me to go ask Grandma if her Avon order was there. I said, "I'm sorry, I don't even know who you are," and she replied, "Oh, I'm one of your aunts."
Uh, I only have two aunts.
But I will try to stay sane during Christmas. I will watch as many Christmas movies as possible. I will listen to lots of Christmas music.
And, I swear by all the gods, there will be Christmas cookies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment