Friday, August 20, 2010

Tent sale!

I went to my LYS's tent sale yesterday. I went $24 over my budget, but dad floated me the extra money and said it was fine. He'll probably have me doing yard work to pay it off, which is fair. I still felt bad about spending $60, though :p I've always felt bad about spending money, though, which is weird because I rarely spend money on myself. The last time I bought myself something was last year when I had birthday money from Grandma and Grandpa, and I bought a skein of Lion Brand Fishermen's Wool, a gauge ruler and some used books from the library book sale. And I think I still had change leftover.

The fact that summer is almost over is kinda freaky. I didn't get to do much because the weather was ridiculously hot and muggy, and things just didn't seem to work out. Oh well, there's always the fall - a season I prefer over summer anyway, because I don't get sunburned.

Anyway, I'm rambling. After the tent sale, I found out at the last minute that Nathan and Steph (my brother and his girlfriend/fiancee) were coming up for dinner, so I had to sweep right away and didn't have time to put laundry in or go on the computer. So, I was freaking out last night and this morning because I absolutely had to do laundry, and I was worried that I had more overdue library stuff, but fortunately, I had already renewed the items. Crisis averted!

I took a photo of my tent sale loot, but I haven't uploaded it yet. I'll put it into my Flickr and post it eventually :)

No comments: