Monday, August 23, 2010

Rain = awesome :D

Finally, we have rain! This summer's been so hot and muggy, I've been craving rain. And after those few excellent, balmy days, we started getting rain. It's been making my head ache, but otherwise it's very welcome. We've had the doors open and let the fresh air in, and it's just wonderful.

And yet I can't seem to read today because I'm all antsy. I realized today that I haven't finished Blood and Chocolate, which I started a while ago. Problem is I can't seem to focus on novels, but I really want to start a Tamora Pierce book. I don't know why I'm so worried about finishing that book, but I am. Maybe when I'm done reading my manga from the library, it'll become my nighttime read. Or I'll just abandon it and start Terrier! MUAHAHAHA!!!

...ahem.

Anyways, I watched the other two Doctor Who specials, The Next Doctor (the Christmas special), and The Waters of Mars. Both were pretty epic.

I haven't been able to write much for fiction, but I might write a rant. And I've thought about trying script-writing, so I got a book out of the library on film-making, but I've barely looked at it. It looks all right, but I think I'll reserve library books solely on writing scripts.

There are a bunch of knitting projects I want to finish, and now that it's not so humid, I think I'll try finishing my Calorimetry. I'll have to shrink it, but that's fine. At least I use the right weight of yarn this time, and it won't turn out to fit around my waist :p I also want to finish my Irish Hiking Scarf. I haven't been able to wear any of my handknit scarves, because last fall was so warm, so I'm hoping for a seasonable fall so that I can wear my scarves.

No comments: