Monday, August 9, 2010

Early morning

The dogs decided to start complaining... just before 7, I think. So I got up to let them out, and they woke Mom up, too. And Teddy would not go outside.

It pissed me off immensely. Normally, she'll run outside and Lulu will be the one to jump over the baby gate (which is up to keep them from the cat litter) and bother Mom. But this time, Teddy stood with her paws on the gate (she doesn't jump over it, probably because she knows she's not allowed) and wailed because she knew Mom was awake.

I was feeling nervous because last night I got an e-mail from somebody I knew at my first karate school, whom I haven't spoken to in years. It went to my junk mail, so I didn't open it, but I told my mom about it and she said I should open it, but I wasn't so sure that I wanted to dig up the past (I left the karate school because of our opinions of the teaching, so I wasn't sure what kind of tales my old friends had been told by the instructors. My brother's old friend had said that, when a kid asked where me and my brother were, an instructor gave them a bullshit story). So today I thought, I'd better open it before I lose my nerve. So I did.

It was a spam link.

facepalm

All that worry for nothing! How ridiculous!

I found out today that I can't renew my library book, so I'm a bit annoyed about that. I couldn't focus enough to start it, though, so it's not that big a deal. Plus, I added it to my Goodreads to-read list, entered a giveaway for it on Goodreads, and the new library catalogue keeps track of recently returned items!

Anyway, I might pick up some light fiction from the shelves at the library I go to. There's a bunch of books on my library 'for later' list that are at that location. And I have the third Full Moon O Sagashite manga coming from the library, too, so that should be cool.

I should probably eat something. All I've had is some water :p

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hope your day got better after the icky morning! :) Please, however, do tell me more about Goodreads. I'm intrigued. haha