Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Finally, some comfortable weather!

I realized I haven't updated in a little while, so I thought I'd post.

Yesterday the weather was so nice, we didn't have to put the air conditioner on - which is great, because we'd had weeks of muggy weather. Last night I sat out on the front porch with my mom, and stayed out there long after she'd gone inside. I think I was outside for around 20 minutes, maybe longer. It was awesome. I just sat and listened to the trees rustling and the crows cawing, and watched cars and people go by. I even heard a loud chirp as a sparrow flew by. It was nice.

I did hear some not-so-lovely sounds, though: a siren, a motorcycle ripping down our street, and our neighbour's son's car stereo. But, oddly enough, one of my favourite sounds was that of a bus driving down the street that crosses ours. It's odd because buses are known for sounding ugly, and when I was little I used to freak out whenever I heard a bus coming - but the older buses didn't bother me as much. Nowadays buses don't bother me much, probably because the newer designs are quieter and more fuel-efficient.

I'm itching to read Terrier by Tamora Pierce, for some reason. I just picked it up and flipped through it - I knew some of the beginning already, because I had tried reading it from the library but couldn't finish it in time. I even took it out of the library a second time, but I must not have been in the right frame of mind because I didn't get very far in it. I have my own copy now, though, so I can read it at my leisure.

The weather seems to be behaving today, so maybe I'll read my manga from the library (Full Moon O Sagashite #3) or Terrier outside.

No comments: