Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Long Overdue Post

Sorry about the delay - I'll not write about my sister's graduation.

I woke up at 5:30, and ate a teeny bit, got dressed, got my bag, and then into the car we went. We stopped at the gas station before going on the highway.

It was really foggy that morning. It made me wish my camera worked with my computer, because the fog looked spooky. I read a bit of Blood and Chocolate on the way, but I was kind of groggy so I didn't read much.

We went right to Katie and Dan's apartment, cycled through the bathroom, and then we all crammed into Katie's rental car. And we really were crammed - it was like a clown car. Katie and Dad went in the front, and me, Mom and Dan piled into the back.

The ceremony went by pretty quickly, probably because they brought graduates up in groups of three, and a few of them were absent. Afterwards, we went to the gift shop, because Katie and I both needed flip flops - Katie was getting blisters on the backs of her heels from her shoes, and the top part of my left sandal was rubbing. So we each got a pair of white and purple flip flops. It turned out that I only needed a medium pair. Huh. On the walk back to the lot where we parked, Dad almost took my right flip flop off, making me trip, so I walked way ahead of him. Jerk.

After we stopped at the apartment to cycle through the bathroom again and say hello to Jeffrey (Katie and Dan's cat, for anyone who doesn't know), we hit the road - me and the parents in our car, Katie and Dan in their rental car. We actually passed them on the highway, which was funny.

We were only home for about half an hour or 45 minutes, because the dinner reservation was at 5. So after a brief rest, we got back into our cars - Justin came to dinner with us as a thank-you for dogsitting. Dinner was fabulous.

In other news I have to go to the library on Tuesday. I might walk down if the weather's nice.

edited for clarity, lol

No comments: